Legacy Farm and Stable LLC presents:
July 26-30, 2022
This is, as always, a day camp with horses. Each camper will get two lessons per day. In addition will be fun crafts, swimming, games and other exciting activities with other kids who love horses. For those who wish to compete on Saturday at the end-of-camp Derby, their lessons will focus on the dressage and Jumping test that will be performed on Saturday. The fee is $450.00 each person. The Derby on Saturday is an additional $75.00 per camper who wishes to compete. A $100.00 non-refundable deposit secures your space. See below for sign-up instructions.
What to Bring:
Food for 5 days: Day campers will need to bring lunch. Overnight campers must bring their own food: breakfast, lunch and dinner. Microwave and other cooking facilities will be available. We have a camp refrigerator with limited freezer space, that campers are free to use. A cooler is recommended but it must be of the type secure from dogs and cats. We can help with ice. Secure totes are ok for non-perishable type foods. Remember, the weather can be hot. Our well water is good from all faucets. Please avoid bottled water and bring a personalized reusable water bottle.
Everyone needs to bring:
1.Tennis/jogging shoes, ok to swim in too. No open toed shoes, please.
2. Swim attire that is modest. No thongs. If you prefer cut-offs or shorts, please remember that having the leg portion of a length even with your finger-tips when at rest, is the design we will allow.
3. Bath or beach towel.
4. Workman-like riding attire, not formal. Let comfort be your guide. However we do not ride in tank tops or bikini tops. Helmet, boots, gloves and jump vest, if you have it. If you do not, we have the required safety items at the barn to borrow.
5. 1 white t-shirt to tie dye.
6. Set of clothes/coveralls to paint in, something that you wouldn’t mind discarding afterward. Work gloves.
7. Please, no perfume or make-up. Be considerate – some people are allergic!
Those wishing to stay overnight: In addition to the list above, Campers will need to bring a tent and all things needed for comfortable overnight sleep, such as air mattress, sufficient blankets or sleeping bag appropriate for the weather forecast, pillow, etc. Girls will sleep within the fenced yard. Absolutely no sharing opposite sex tents.
1. Personal: Hair ties, toothbrush and toothpaste, etc. Flashlight, extra jacket, bug spray.
2. Shower needs, to include the towel listed above. above.
3. Please note that all medications, prescription and otherwise must be logged in with medical Dr. Ingrid.
4. You may come Monday, July 25, after 5:00 PM to set up.
5. Two changes of clothes per day.
Legacy Farm and Stable LLC is not responsible for loss of tents or belongings.
See the Website: Legacyfarmandstable.org and click on the “Camp” button. You will see this list, a sign up form and buttons you may click on to pay via credit or debit card for the deposit, the entire fee and the derby. Or you may bring cash or check the week before. Please pay in full prior to the start date. Please be aware that this camp always fills fast, so promptness is a good idea.
Cell phones: We will keep the participants’ phones in a safe place. They will be available for calls home, to parents or guardian, when requested. The purpose of camp is to think about horses and being “in the moment” with friends and being absorbed, without distractions, with new experiences. The phones will be returned at the end of camp.
Please notify Joyce via text if you are new to the farm or you would like to bring a friend who is new to the farm 509-951-5283
Download this link to print the above information plus the sign-up form.
$450.00 Entire amount for Camp
$75.00 Camp Derby
$100.00 Deposit for camp
Legacy Farm and Stable LLC release form PENDING on this page
Horse Camp 2022
You may mail the form with payment to:
Legacy Farm and Stable LLC, PO Box 931 Loon Lake Washington, 99148
Or bring it to the farm.
Below are the links to pay via credit or debit card. Purchase of the deposit will secure your place.